Friday, June 7, 2013

my little corner of the world




when i was looking to buy a house in florida one of the things on my house check list was a walk in master closet. i never had one and i thought it would be kind of like a little luxury.

when i moved in to the house i quickly realized storage space comes at a minimum and i was so happy with my walk in closet.  but as time went on and i started bringing art supplies to the new house i had to figure out a place to make an art room.
  
after having a walk in closet, it turned out it wasn't really a big deal for me.  as a matter of fact, it was just a big closet and i had such few clothes that it seemed like a waste of space.

that's when i decided i wanted to put my art room in the master walk in closet.  many people tried to talk me out of it, and to this day, a lot of people are still encouraging me to make the spare bedroom into my art space, but overall i am quite content being in the closet.  even though this space is really tiny i honestly have to say i love the fact that it's a place to go that is all my own.  

nothing in my house is ever messy, except my art room.  i use so many supplies to work that i have things every where.  eventually i get sick of spending so much time searching for things that i get motivated to clear the clutter and clean up.

so, i just spent two days reorganzing things.  i am always hopeful after i spend so much time cleaning and putting every thing in its proper place that i will keep it this way.  i've yet to do this succesfully, but this time could be different.  change is always possible and so my hopeful state continues.

10 comments:

  1. It may be small, but it looks like a little heaven to me :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks amazing Roc and good luck with keeping it that way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you manage to keep it organised Roc, but I'm not going to hold my breath as I've muttered the same thing to myself many times!!
    I love that everything is within easy reach xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could definitely make art in there! It's so snug and cozy, like an arty cave, and looks very well organized (for now lol). Add a fan for summer and you're good. I've worked in worse spaces for sure.
    And I have the same 'use-it-all-clean-it-up-later' thing going, as do probably a majority of mixed media artists out there in bloglandia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just loved looking at all your stash and the way you have your craft supplies organised, all those pens OMG!Just wondering where your PC is.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny..I just cleaned mine out last nite to the tune of atleat 12 huge black bags..and a few boxes! lol I love your little space and good thing u didnt use the spare bedroom cuz then..where would we all sleep when we come to visit?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your art space. It looks wonderful and cozy. I also have a walk in closet. One side is for my clothes, the other side is storage for all of my art supplies. I have thought about turning into a art room. Now I have an idea of how it would look. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very different from your last space....but looks like all your creativity fits just perfectly!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a really lovely space. To much room just means more mess. x

    ReplyDelete