Wednesday, May 13, 2009

queen tina


i was commissioned to do a piece of art. it's a little bit of long story about how i came to do this for her. this piece is symbolic of teaching someone to play the card game spades and in that game aces are high and can make points. queens are basically no point makers but she thought they were and kept bidding out of her range because she thought her queens were so valuable. we teased her like crazy about it. so when she asked me to do something for her wall i instantly recalled how we laughed and laughed during that card game. so i incorporated that memory into her wall art. she hasn't seen it yet so i'm not sure if she'll catch on to it right away but i'll be seeing her later on today and i can't wait to give it to her!

14 comments:

  1. What a great, personal piece with a wonderful story. I'm sure she'll adore this, Roc!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is a great treasure!Beautifully done as always!I am sure she will be estactic over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She will absolutely LOVE it - so thoughtful of you too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't imagine not loving that....It's wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piece Roc....she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the story and so love your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that is a great piece of work Roc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is WONDERFUL roc....Just LOVE your ART!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'm a little bummed. I was going to ask if I could purchase this piece from you, I love it so much. But I am happy for your friend because she is going to love it! It is one of my all time favorite pieces ever! I am going to go stare at it some more . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love art that preserves happy memories! How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful piece. I am certain it will be treasured!

    ReplyDelete
  12. She will love it! The most fun I have is making art with someone special in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's great art and i love how you incorporated a funny shared memory!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great story and great result!

    ReplyDelete